Meet: Paul Short Run
Location: Bethlehem, Pa. (Goodman Campus Cross Country Course)
Team Scoring: 1-Siena 109, 2-Shippensburg 280, 3-Boston U. 281, 4-Rochester 301, 5-VCU 339
The short story: VCU placed fifth (of 43) in the Women's Brown 6k. The Rams finished with an average time of 22:51, a staggering 16 second improvement from last year's race. They were lead by Senior Emily Mulhern, who finished an impressive 6th overall.
THE FINISH LINE
- In her second meet as a Ram, Mulhern finished with a time of 21:34, just 7 seconds short of a top-5 finish.
- Juniors Delaney Savedge (22:33) and Ashley Brown (22:39) placed 32nd and 35th respectively.
- Senior Nichelle Scott ran a 22:54, finishing just outside the top 50 at 52 overall.
- Junior Judith White rounded things out for the Rams, finishing with a time of 24:53.
- The Rams fifth place finish was also a 7 spot improvement from their 12th (of 24) place finish last year.
HEAD COACH NICOLE COOK
"I'm excited that we are progressing in the right direction. I am looking forward to how well we continue to progress for the rest of the season. We learned a lot today with each race."
The Rams travel to Greenville, N.C. on Friday, Oct. 12 to compete in the ECU Pirate Invitational.