|High School:||Southfield High School|
Full name: Amanda Marie Love
Born: Feb. 5, 1993
Hometown: Southfield, Mich.
Parents: Michael and Alisha Love
Siblings: Brothers Aaron, Michael and Andrew
Major: Criminal justice
High school coach: Alisha Love
Prior to VCU
- Completed four outstanding varsity seasons at Southfield (Mich.) High School.
- Named an Under Armour All-American, as well as All-State, as a senior.
- Led the Blue Jays to four district championships and 30 consecutive conference victories.
- Was featured in Sports Illustrated’s “Faces in the Crowd” (Nov. 17, 2008).
- According to MaxPreps, led the nation in service aces in 2007 (241) and 2008 (239).
- Amassed 1,426 kills, 1,340 digs and 794 assists in four season.
- Played for USA Volleyball Continental Team in 2010.
- Helped steer Southfield to 76-56-3 record during her high school career.
Getting to Know Amanda Love
- Earned 11 varsity letters in high school in volleyball, softball and basketball.
- According to MaxPreps, her 815 career aces ranks second in national high school volleyball history.
- Three-time All-Conference softball player in high school.
- Also considered Eastern Michigan, Penn State, Central Michigan, Michigan State and Central Florida.
- Her brother, Aaron, is a wide receiver for the Kiel Baltic Hurricanes of the German Football League. Aaron, who competed collegiately at Delaware, has also played for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League. Meanwhile, her brother Michael also plays professional, suiting up for the West Michigan Thunder Hawks of the Indoor Football League.