Atlantic 10 Conference Outdoor Championships
Location: Amherst, Mass. (UMass Track & Field Complex)
Team scoring: George Mason 159, VCU 126, UMass 104, Rhode Island 93.5, Richmond 68, Dayton 61, Duquesne 56.5, La Salle 46.5, Fordham 46, Davidson 40, Saint Louis 37, George Washington 14, St. Joseph's 6.5
ATLANTIC 10 AWARDS
- Camora Sanders named A-10 Women's Most Outstanding Field Performer for winning two gold medals and breaking the 21-year-old conference record in the shot put.
- Kayla Merkel earned Women's Co-Rookie Performer of the Year.
THE STARTING LINE
- Camora Sanders won two gold medals, one in shot put and one in discuss. Her shot put throw broke a 21-year-old Atlantic 10 record at 15.34 meters and also shattered the school record of 14.96 set in 2014 by Jaleesa Williams. In the discus, she threw 48.61 meters.
- Kara Lyles earned silver in the 400 hurdles with a time of 59.81. Teammate Ann Sheehy finished seventh in the event with a time of 1:03.17.
- Aliyah Newman's triple jump of 12.32 meters earned her a silver medal. Amari Jackson placed sixth in the event with a jump of 11.62 meters.
- Chanelle Hodges Hodges earned bronze in the 200 after running a 24.55.
- Taylor Watkins finished fifth in the 400-meter dash running a time of 55.73.
- Latrice Morris collected a fourth-place finish in the 100 clocking a time of 12.18.
- Ashley Brown finished seventh in the 800-meter with Nichelle Scott coming in right behind her in eighth place. Brown ran a career-best 2:09.62 while Scott ran a 2:11.79.
- LeClare Beres earned a seventh-place finish with a 4235 in the heptathlon.
- Shannon Moise finished fourth in discuss with a career-best 40.41 meter throw and fourth in the shot put with a throw of 13.51 meters.
- Denise O'rourke earned a silver in the discuss with a throw of 43.76 meters.
- Emily Mulhern finished second in the 5k to earn a silver medal with a time of 16:33.43.