The Short Story: VCU's Women's Track & Field Team concluded their 2019 Outdoor season with a strong showing at the Virginia Challenge & CNU Captains Classic respectively. Overall, the Rams had seven athletes place in the top-five of their respective events.
How It Happened (Virginia Challenge)
- Freshman Channelle Hodges won the 400m Run, posting a time of 55.59.
- Junior Ashley Brown placed fourth in the 800m Run, finishing with a time of 2:13.13.
- VCU's 4x400m Relay Team earned a fifth place finish, completing the relay in 3:48.16.
- Senior Camora Sanders placed in the top-10 finish of the Shot Put, posting a toss of 15.04m.
- Junior Emily Mulhern recorded a top-15 finish in the 5000m Run after recording a time of 16:26.17.
How It Happened (CNU Captains Classic)
- Junior Judith White placed first in the 3000m Steeplchase, finishing with a time of 11:21.33.
- Senior Alliyah Stevens won the Long Jump, posting a leap of 5.34m.
- Freshman Zlab Taylor earned a second place finish in the High Jump after recording a leap 1.45m.
- Senior Tyler Robin posted a third place finish in the Shot Put, recording a throw of 12.46m.
The Rams will be back in action on May 4-5, when they travel to Amherst, Mass. to compete in the Atlantic 10 Outdoor Track & Field Championship.