Meet: Atlantic 10 Indoor Championship
Location: Fairfax, Va.
Results: Atlantic 10 Indoor Championship
The Short Story: VCU Women's Track & Field started off A-10 Indoor Championship weekend with a strong day one showing, finishing the day in second place overall. Senior Camora Sanders, along with juniors Kayla Smith and Emily Mulhern each won their respective events to to lead the way for the Rams.
How It Happened
- Smith placed first in the preliminary round of the 200m Dash, posting a time of 24.68. In addition, Smith won the preliminary round of the 400m Dash, recording a time of 54.53. She will compete in the finals of both events tomorrow.
- Mulhern earned 10 points for the Rams after winning the 5000m Run with a time of 16:35.28.
- Sanders won the Weight Throw, recording a toss of 17.57m to gain 10 VCU points.
- Junior Kara Lyles finished second in the Long Jump, recording a leap of 5.87m to earn eight points for VCU.
- Junior Khoi Banks placed third in the preliminary round of the 60m Hurdles, posting a time of 8.75.
- Senior Nichelle Scott earned a third place finish in the prelims of 800m Run, finishing with a time of 2:12.92.
The Rams will be back in action tomorrow, Feb. 24, for day two of the Atlantic 10 Indoor Championships.