Score: VCU 7, Howard 0
Location: Richmond, Va. (Thalhimer Tennis Center)
Records: VCU 6-2, Howard 1-4
The short story: VCU wins second match of the weekend, dominating Howard 7-0.
- VCU played perfect in doubles play, outscoring Howard 18-0
- Noumea Witmus earned VCU its first singles victory of the day, sweeping her opponent Aria Ragas in No. 5 singles
- Paola Exposito Diaz-Delgado defeated Yassmine Khiri of Howard in two sets, only allowing one game against her
- Anna Rasmussen swept Howard's Nicole Hutchinson in two sets to cap off a VCU win
VCU 7 Howard 0
Order of Finish - 1,3,2
1. Paola Exposito Diaz-Delgado (VCU) def. Yassmine Khiri (HOW) 6-1, 6-0
2. Anna Rasmussen (VCU) def. Nicole Hutchison (HOW) 6-0, 6-0
3. Marina Alcaide Bakkari (VCU) def. Kendall Addison (HOW) 6-1, 6-0
4. Noumea Witmus (VCU) def. Christina Joynes (HOW) 6-0, 6-0
5. Sofia Sualehe (VCU) def. Aria Ragas (HOW) 6-1, 6-1
6. Melissa Ifidzhen (VCU) def. Dominique Jackson (HOW) 8-2
Order of Finish - 4, 1, 3, 2, 5, 6
HEAD COACH PAUL KOSTIN
"Everyone played well today. That's exactly the type of play we need next weekend when we play back-to-back on Saturday and Sunday."
VCU returns to action when it hosts a weekend double header against Elon on Saturday Feb. 23 and Temple on Sunday, Feb. 24, both matches at 11 a.m.