Score: VCU 4, Maryland 0
Location: Richmond, Va. (Thalhimer Tennis Center)
Records: VCU 4-2, Maryland 1-3
The short story: VCU kept its hot hand going, sweeping Maryland 4-0 and moving to 4-2 on the season.
- After losing the first doubles match, the Rams won the next two to earn the doubles point
- The combinations of Paola Exposito Diaz-Delgado/Kanako Yano and Anna Rasmussen/Melissa Ifidzhen easily defeated their opponents which gave VCU the doubles point
- Diaz-Delgado defeated Eva Alexandrova of Maryland in two sets, earning VCU its second point of the day
- Yano cruised by Anastasia Gevel to give the Rams a 3-0 lead
- Ifidzhen clutched it out in the third set of her No. 5 singles match to give VCU its fourth point of the match and the win
VCU 4, Maryland 0
Order of Finish - 3, 2, 1
1. Paola Exposito Diaz-Delgado (VCU) def. Eva Alexandrova (UM) 6-2, 6-3
2. Anna Rasmussen (VCU) vs. Millie Stretton (UM) 6-4, 5-7, 2-2 DNF
3. Marina Alcaide Bakkari (VCU) vs. Katsiaryna Yemelyanenka (UM) 5-7, 6-0, 5-1 DNF
4. Kanako Yano (VCU) def. Anastasia Gevel (UM) 6-4, 6-0
5. Melissa Ifidzhen (VCU) def. Zoe Kulkarni (UM) 6-3, 2-6, 6-4
6. Noumea Witmus (VCU) vs. Amber Policare (UM) 6-0, 4-2 DNF
Order of Finish - 1, 4, 5
HEAD COACH PAUL KOSTIN
"The girls played good today. Everyone was ready to fight and their attitudes were good, but we still have some work to do. It's still early in the season."
VCU will remain at home to face off against Liberty on Saturday, Feb. 16 at 11 p.m.