Score: William & Mary 7, VCU 0
Date: April 15, 2018
Location: Williamsburg, Va. (McCormack-Nagelsen Tennis Center)
Records: VCU 12-5, William & Mary 14-9
The short story: VCU women's tennis dropped a 7-0 decision at William & Mary, the three-time reigning Colonial Athletic Association champion, on Sunday afternoon.
- Freshman Paola Exposito Diaz Delgado and sophomore Noumea Witmus were tied 4-4 with Rosie Cheng and Olivia Thaler at No. 2 doubles, but their match went unfinished when the Tribe clinched the doubles point with victories on courts 1 and 3.
- Witmus won the second set at No. 4 singles against Lauren Goodman, but fell in a third-set tiebreaker.
2. Rosie Cheng/Olivia Thaler (WMW) vs. Paola Delgado/Noumea Witmus (VCUW) 4-4, unfinished
Order of Finish: 3,1
1. Rosie Cheng (WMW) def. Anna Rasmussen (VCUW) 6-1, 6-2
2. Clara Tanielian (WMW) def. Paola Delgado (VCUW) 6-4, 6-4
3. Natalia Perry (WMW) def. Marina Alcaide (VCUW) 6-1, 6-1
4. Lauren Goodman (WMW) def. Noumea Witmus (VCUW) 6-3, 5-7, 1-0 (10-8)
5. Ekaterina Stepanova (WMW) def. Kanako Yano (VCUW) 6-4, 6-3
6. Olivia Thaler (WMW) def. Sofia Sualehe (VCUW) 6-1, 6-1
Order of Finish: 6,1,3,5,4,2
The Rams close out the regular season on Wednesday, April 18 with a home match against cross-town, Atlantic 10 rival Richmond at 2:30 p.m.