Final Score: VCU: 0, La Salle: 1
Location: Philadelphia, Pa. (McCarthy Stadium)
Records: VCU 7-4-1 (1-3-0 A-10), La Salle 7-4-1 (3-1, A-10)
THE SHORT STORY
After allowing an early goal on a wet and rainy night, the Rams were unable to find the back of the net and eventually fell 1-0 at La Salle Thursday.
- La Salle scored the only goal of the match in the 17th minute.
- VCU fired 10 of its 13 shots in the second half of action.
- The Rams took six corner kicks to the Explorers' five.
- Senior Susanna Friedrichs (Midlothian, Va.) led the squad with four shots, landing three of them on frame.
- VCU forced eight saves by the La Salle keeper.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Explorers came out hot, taking the first three shots of the match and finally scored in the 17th minute to take a 1-0 lead.
- Junior Samantha Jerabek (Chesterfield, Va.) fired VCU's first shot in the 28th minute, but it was saved by the La Salle keeper.
- The Rams peppered the La Salle goal throughout the second half, putting six shots on frame to force several saves.
- VCU continued to apply offensive pressure to the very end. Junior Tori Browne (Newport News, Va.) took a late free kick in a dangerous position in the 88th minute, but her shot sailed high and wide.
VCU will return home to continue Atlantic 10 play Sunday Oct. 6 when it welcomes Fordham. Kickoff is slated for 1 p.m.