Final Score: George Washington 18, VCU 8
Location: Washington, D.C.
Records: VCU (4-9, 1-5 A-10), George Washington (5-9, 3-3 A-10)
The Short Story: George Washington was able to get out to a 6-0 lead midway through the first half and VCU was unable to overcome the early deficit despite an early second half rally.
- Keriann McTavish scored two goals, added an assist and had two draw controls.
- Molly Barcikowski also had two goals and an assist for the Rams.
- Ryann Shaughnessy had a goal and an assist while Clare Murphy and Bella Evans-Riester each scored once.
- Blaire Langeler had two assists for the Black and Gold.
- George Washington outshot VCU 34-26 overall and 30-17 in shots on goal.
- The Colonials were led by Aidan Cage who scored four goals along with one assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Colonials led VCU 6-0 with 19:14 left in the first half.
- VCU and GW each scored three goals over the next 12:43 as the Rams trailed 9-3. VCU went into halftime trailing 11-3.
- VCU outscored the Colonials 5-2 to being the second half and cut the deficit to 13-8 with 9:14 remaining in the second half.
- The Rams couldn't find the back of the net in the final nine minutes of George Washington pulled away for the win.
VCU hosts St. Bonaventure at 5 p.m. on April 12.