Final Score: La Salle 13, VCU 12
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: VCU (6-9, 4-3 A-10), La Salle (7-8, 3-4 A-10)
The Short Story: After the Rams held a slight lead for most of the contest, La Salle and VCU were tied 12-12 before the Explorers netted the game-winning goal with 2:15 remaining.
- Sky Hyatt scored a team-high three goals along with a game-high eight draw controls.
- Isabella Evans-Riester scored two goals and added an assist.
- Molly Barcikowski also scored two goals with an assist but added two caused turnovers.
- Clare Murphy, Keriann McTavish, Blaire Langeler, Ayana Gordon and Anna Koniencki each scored one goal for VCU.
- Ria Peralta made eight saves for VCU in the cage.
- Emily Johnston scored five goals and two assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU jumped out to a 5-2 lead with 16:34 left in the first half.
- La Salle scored back-to-back goals to cut its deficit to just 5-4 with 13:38 remaining in the first half.
- The Rams scored two goals to close the half and took a 7-4 lead into halftime.
- The Explorers scored back-to-back goals to open the second half and trailed just 7-6 with 26:25 remaining.
- The Rams responded with three unanswered goals and four of five to build a 10-6 lead.
- The Explorers outscored VCU 6-1 down the stretch to win.
VCU faces UMass at 1 p.m. at Cary Street Field on April 22 for senior day.