Final Score: Saint Joseph's 18, VCU 7
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: VCU (2-8, 0-2 A-10), Saint Joseph's (5-5, 1-1 A-10)
The Short Story: Saint Joseph's and VCU traded the first two goals before the Hawks were able to score six consecutive goals to take an early lead they never relinquished.
- Sky Hyatt scored a team-high two goals along with a game-high five draw controls. She also caused two turnovers.
- Clare Murphy scored a goal and added four draw controls.
- Isabella Evans-Riester, Ayana Gordon, Blaire Langeler and Jessica Del Rossi each scored once.
- Ria Peralta made six saves in the cage for the Rams.
- Sam McGee scored four goals to lead Saint Joseph's.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Hawks opened the scoring just under three minutes into the game but Murphy responded quickly with a free position goal to tie the game 1-1.
- Saint Joseph's scored six unanswered goals to build a 7-1 lead with 21:09 left in the first half.
- The Rams trailed 10-3 at halftime.
- Saint Joseph's opened the second half scoring six straight goals before the Rams answered with back-to-back goals from Gordon and Hyatt as the Hawks led 16-5 with 11:38 left in the contest.
- Both teams scored two more goals over the final 7:57 for the final margin.
VCU travels to Duquesne on April 6 for a 4 p.m. draw.