Atlantic 10 Conference Championships
Location: Amherst, Mass. (UMass Track & Field Complex)
Team scoring (through 7 events): Rhode Island 59, George Mason 49.5, UMass 41, Saint Louis 32, Fordham 29.5, VCU 28, La Salle 10, St. Joseph's 10, Davidson 6, Duquesne 5, George Washington 3.
THE STARTING LINE
- Drew Hess earned a silver medal with a career-best and school outdoor record javelin throw of 63.45 meters along with eight team points.
- Will Schwartz also had a silver medalist finish with a hammer throw of 56.30 meters to earn VCU eight points.
- Freshman Camron Browne finished third in the long jump and earned a bronze medal with a career-best jump of 7.02 meters. Teammate Bashir Idris finished just behind him in fourth with a jump of 7.00 meters. The duo earned 11 points.
- Xyan Xrichardson finished eighth in the high jump with a mark of 1.97 meters.
- The 110 hurdles final will have three Rams as Emmanuel Waller, Ian Davis and Daiqwaun Faircloth have all qualified. The 100 final will feature two VCU runners in Jamik Alexander and JeVon Waller.
- Davis, Emmuael Waller and Faircloth will also compete in the 400 hurdles final.
The 2019 Atlantic 10 Championships conclude Sunday with a slew of finals on the track, beginning at 11 a.m.