The Short Story: VCU Men's Track & Field rounded out their 2019 Outdoor season with a solid showing at the Virginia Challenge & CNU Captains Classic respectively. Overall, the Rams had thirteen athletes finish within the top-five of their respective events at the two meets.
How It Happened (Virginia Challenge)
- Junior Chukwuezugo Aguolu won the 400m Run, recording a time of 48.19. Senior Nicholas Buckingham placed sixth in the same event with a time of 49.26.
- Senior Bashir Idris placed fourth in the Long Jump, posting a leap of 7.45m. Idris also placed sixth in the Triple Jump after recording a leap of 14.87m.
- Freshman Sebastian Evans posted a fourth place finish in the 400m Hurdles, finishing with a time of 55.70.
- Ian Davis earned a fifth place finish in the 110m Hurdles, posting a time of 14.08.
How It Happened (CNU Captains Classic)
- Freshman Mykalee Atkins took home first place in the 110m Hurdles, finishing with a time of 15.81. Atkins also placed third in the 400m Hurdles, recording a time of 58.73.
- Junior Bryce Catlett placed second in the 1500m Run, posting a time of 4:05.49. Freshman Paul Rosacia and Junior Michael Villagomez placed third and fifth in the same event, recording times of 4:06.74 and 4:09.00 respectively.
- Sophomore Ebenezer Belayneh posted a second place finish in the Shot Put, posting a toss of 15.34m. Sophomore Glen Yancey placed sixth in the same event, finishing with a toss of 13.75m.
- Sophomore Ebenezer Belayneh also placed second in the Discuss Throw after recording a toss of 46.64m.
- Archie Blaes posted a fourth place finish in the 5000m Run, recording a time of of 15:45.53.
- Freshman Jacari Jennings earned a fifth place finish in the 800m Run, finishing with a time of 1:58.77.
The Rams will be back in action on May 4-5, when they travel to Amherst, Mass. to compete in the Atlantic 10 Outdoor Track & Field Championship.