The Short Story: VCU's Men's Track & Field continued their 2019 Indoor Season this weekend with a strong showing at the Liberty Flames Invite. Senior Bashir Idris led the way for the Rams, setting a new school record with his performace in the Triple Jump. The Rams also competed at the Vince Brown Invitiational over the weekend.
How It Happened (Liberty Flames Invite)
- Idris set a new VCU school record when he won the Triple Jump with a leap of 15.12m.
- Freshman JeVon Waller set a new personal best and earned a second place finish after recording a time of 6.88 in the 60m dash.
- Freshman Daiqwaun Faircloth earned a fourth place finish and set a new personal best with a time of 22.04 in the 200m dash.
- Freshman Lucas Sidle placed third in the 1000m Run after finishing with a time of 2:31.95. Sophomore Jordan Fountain placed fifth with a time of 2:33.11.
- Junior Ian Davis earned a second place finish in the 60m hurdles after posting a time of 8.15.
- VCU took home second place in the 4x400m Relay on Saturday after Emmanuel Waller, Ian Davis, Daiqwaun Faircloth and Chukwuezugo Aguolu combined to post a time of 3:23.38.
- Freshman Camron Browne placed second in the Long Jump, posting a leap of 6.62m.
- Freshman Jaekob Vollbrecht earned a fourth place finish in the Shot Put, recording a toss of 16.82m.
- Sophomore Will Schwartz finished third in the Weight Throw, posting a toss of 16.61m.
How It Happened (Vince Brown Invitational)
- Freshman Mykalee Atkins earned a seventh place finish, posting a time of 23.34 in the 200m Dash.
- Freshman Vohra Hisham placed eighth in the 3000m Run, finishing with a time of 9:17.49
- Freshman Justin Davis finished in ninth place in the 400m Dash after posting a time of 52.68.
The Rams will be back in action on Friday, Feb. 8, when they travel to Lexington, Va. to compete in the VMI Winter Relays.