The Short Story: VCU's Men's Track & Field team competed in their second meet of the 2019 Indoor season this weekend at the VMI Keydet Invitational.
How It Happened (Day One)
- Senior Devon Thompson finished the 500M in 1:06.04 to place ninth out of 32 competitors.
- Junior Bryce Catlett placed fourth in the 5000M with a time of 15:19.52.
- VCU's 4x800M team earned a third place finish after Jordan Fountain, Jacari Sain, Lucas Sidle and Alvin Hamilton combined to record a time of 8:02.14.
- Freshman Jaekob Vollbrecht finished ninth in the weight throw, posting a toss of 16.01m which set a new personal record.
How It Happened (Day Two)
- Vollbrecht earned a third place finish in the Shot Put, posting a throw of 16.93m.
- Sophomore Xyan Xrichardson finished in fifth place in the High Jump, posting a leap of 2.00m.
- VCU's 4x400m Relay team earned a sixth place finish after seniors Nicholas Buckingham and Devon Thompson, paired with freshmen Emmanuel Waller and Daiqwaun Faircloth to post a time of 3:20.61.
- Junior Lucas Sidle placed seventh in the 1-mile run after recording a time of 4:23.25 to set a new personal record.
- Freshman Archie Blaes and Paul Rosacia each set new personal bests with their performances in the 3000M. Blaes finished with a time of 9:01.69, while Rosacia posted a time of 9:03.65.
The Rams will be back in action on Friday, Jan. 25 when they travel to Fairfax, Va. for the George Mason Invitational.