Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament Championship
Score: No. 1 VCU 4, No. 2 Richmond 0
Location: Orlando, Fla. (USTA National Campus)
Records: VCU (16-9), Richmond (18-6)
The short story: VCU won its third consecutive Atlantic 10 title with a 4-0 sweep of rival Richmond.
- The Rams earned the doubles point after Inigo Torre Martin and Arvid Noren defeated Matthew Fernandez and Joshua Keitelman 6-3.
- Javier Amantegui and Rayane Stable won the other doubles match 6-2.
- In singles, VCU won the 1, 3 and 4 matches en route to the win.
- Inigo Torre Martin secured the first singles point with a clean 6-0, 6-0 defeat of George Lovitt.
- Philip Mobius defeated John Walsh 6-0, 6-2 in the No. 3 singles to earn the second point.
- Rayane Stable defeated Matt Fernandez in the No. 1 singles to clinch the championship for the Rams with a 6-4, 6-3 win.
- The Rams are now 30-0 all-time at VCU against the Spiders since Paul Kostin took over the program in 1990-91.
No.1 VCU 4, No. 2 Richmond 0
1. Rayane Stable (VCU) def. Matt Fernandez (UR) 6-4, 6-3
2. Arvid Noren (VCU) vs. Klein Evans (UR) 6-3, 3-6, DNF
3. Philip Mobius (VCU) def. John Walsh (UR) 6-0, 6-2
4. Inigo Torre Martin (VCU) def. George Lovitt (UR) 6-0, 6-0
5. Javier Amantegui (VCU) vs. Cambell Erwin (UR) 3-6, 6-0, 3-3, DNF
6. Inaki Rivero Crespo (VCU) vs. Joseph Nardini (UR) 6-3, 4-4, DNF
Order of Finish: 4, 3, 1
Order of Finish: 2, 1
VCU earned the Atlantic 10's automatic bid to the 2019 NCAA Men's Tennis Tournament. The Rams will find out their opponent at 6 p.m. on April 29. It will be streamed on NCAA.com.