Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament Quarterfinals
Score: No. 1 VCU 4, No. 8 Duquesne 0
Location: Orlando, Fla. (USTA National Campus)
Records: VCU (14-9), Duquesne (13-11)
The short story: No. 1 seed VCU swept No. 8 seed Duquesne in the A-10 Quarterfinals as Inigo Torre Martin clinched the Ram's berth in the A-10 semifinals with a 6-0, 6-3 singles win.
- The Rams won the 5, 6 and 3 singles courts on their way to the win.
- Martin and Arvid Noren defeated Jared Isaacs and Alex Mascioli of Duquense in a dominant 6-1 doubles win.
- Inaki Rivero Crespo and Philip Mobius sealed the doubles point for VCU with a 6-4 win over Dane Bendel and Alejandro Rodrigquez-Vidal.
- In singles, Crespo started things off for the Rams with a 6-0, 6-1 performance in the No. 5 singles match and defeated Isaacs.
- Timo Zgraggen defeated Joey Matthews 6-2, 6-0 to earn VCU's second point.
- The win was sealed by Martin's decisive 6-0, 6-3 win in the No. 3 singles match.
No. 1 VCU 4, No. 8 Duquesne 0
1. Chris Corrao (DUQ) vs. Rayane Stable (VCU) 6-4, 2-5, DNF
2. Philip Mobius (VCU) vs. Alejandro Rodriguez-Vidal (DUQ) 6-1, 3-5, DNF
3. Inigo Torre Martin (VCU) def. Alex Mascioli (DUQ) 6-0, 6-3
4. Javier Amantegui (VCU) vs. Drew Akins (DUQ) 7-6(6), DNF
5. Inaki Rivero Crespo (VCU) def. Jared Isaacs (DUQ) 6-0, 6-1
6. Timo Zgraggen (VCU) def. Joey Matthews (DUQ) 6-2, 6-0
Order of Finish: 5, 6, 3
VCU will face No. 4 seed Dayton on Saturday, April 27 at 10 a.m. in the Atlantic 10 Semifinals.