Score: ODU 4, VCU 1
Location: Norfolk, Va. (Folkes-Stevens Tennis Center)
Records: VCU (12-9, 2-0 A-10) ODU (9-7, 0-0 C-USA)
The short story: VCU fought hard but couldn't get it done against in-state rival ODU.
- Arvid Noren took down Giesse in No. 3 singles to give VCU its only point of the day
- The combination of Philip Mobius and Stefan Petrovic nearly defeated Jannik Giesse and Oliver Tobisch in No. 3 doubles but fell just short
- Rayane Stable played hard and took the first set against Aziz Kijametovic of ODU but Kijametovic stormed back and won the next two sets
ODU 4, VCU 1
3. Jannik Giesse/Oliver Tobisch (ODU) def. Phillip Mobius/Stefan Petrovic (VCU) 6-4
1. Aziz Kijametovic (ODU) def. Rayane Stable (VCU) 2-6, 6-1, 6-2
2. Francois Musitelli (ODU) def. Stefan Petrovic (VCU) 6-3, 6-4
3. Arvid Noren (VCU) def. Jannik Giesse (ODU) 6-4, 6-3
4. Luca Maldoner (ODU) vs. Phillip Mobius (VCU) 6-4, 3-6, unfinished
5. Nicola Vidal (ODU) vs. Inigo Torre Martin (VCU) 4-6, 4-4, unfinished
6. Oliver Tobisch (ODU) def. Javier Amantegui (VCU) 6-1, 6-4
VCU will return to action when it goes on the road to face off against UNC Wilmington on Friday, April 13 at 2 p.m. for the last regular season match.