Final Score: VCU: 0, Fordham: 0
Location: Richmond, Va. (Sports Backers Stadium)
Records: VCU: 5-6-2 (4-1-1), Fordham: 4-9-1 (3-2-0)
THE SHORT STORY
Two overtime periods were not enough to decide a winner Wednesday night as VCU played to a 0-0 draw with Atlantic 10 foe Fordham.
- VCU boasted a balanced offense with nine different athletes taking at least one of the side's 15 shots.
- Junior Mario Sequeira (San Jose, Costa Rica) made four stops on the night en route to his third clean sheet of the season.
- VCU put four shots on frame, forcing several saves by the Fordham keeper.
- The Black and Gold were dominant offensively, earning nine corner kicks to Fordham's zero.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- One of VCU's best chances came early on in the 16th minute when it earned a free kick just outside the box. Junior Oquin Robinson (Bull Bay, Jamaica) took the kick and nearly curled it in the top corner of the net, but the Fordham keeper made an impressive save to keep VCU off the board.
- VCU had a couple chances in the 31st minute from close range, but both shots were blocked.
- Just before the half, sophomore Martin Ngoh (Goldvein, Va.) had a good look at goal, but his shot was deflected out for a corner.
- VCU got a look when junior Jared Greene (Virginia Beach, Va.) put a shot on frame, but it was saved.
- Junior Biska Biyombo (Lumbumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo) played in a beautiful ball in the 78th minute just in front of goal. The ball just missed the feet of several VCU Rams crashing in.
- With a minute left in regulation, senior Myles Brown (Richmond, Va.) was inches away from putting the game away with a sliding shot that went just wide of the left post.
- Neither team was able to find a golden goal, earning each side a point in the Atlantic 10 standings.
The Rams will be back in action Saturday, Oct. 26 against George Washington. The match, at Sports Backers Stadium, is slated to kickoff at 7 p.m. VCU's senior class will be honored before the match.