Final Score: VCU 93, JSU 65
Location: Richmond, Va. (Stuart C. Siegel Center)
Records: VCU 4-0, JSU 1-2
Attendance: 7,637 (138th consecutive sellout)
The Short Story: Six VCU players scored in double figures and the Rams opened the game on a 16-0 run and on the way to a 93-65 victory over the Jacksonville State Sunday afternoon.
- VCU forced five turnovers in the first five minutes of the game to help spark a 16-0 run, capped by a 3-pointer from senior guard Issac Vann at the 14:57 mark
- Freshman guard Bones Hyland enjoyed his best game as a Ram with 12 points, five rebounds and four assists
- Junior forward Marcus Santos-Silva stayed hot for the Rams, shooting 5-of-8 with 10 points. He added seven rebounds and two assists
- Senior guard Mike'L Simms led VCU with 13 points
- Gamecocks guard De'Torrion Ware scored 16 points while grabbing nine rebounds
- The Rams shot 57.6 percent (38-66) from the floor while holding Jacksonville State to a 38.1-percent clip (24-63) on the other end
- The Black and Gold's aggressive tempo forced 21 turnovers and led to VCU outscoring the Gamecocks 25-5 in fast break points
- VCU's bench erupted for 49 points. Freshman center Hason Ward made his presence felt with eight points in the paint and added four blocks.
- After shooting 33.3% (5-of-15) from behind the arc in the first half, the Rams picked it up in the second, shooting 54.5% (6-of-11) from three-point range.
- VCU recorded 23 assists on 38 made baskets Sunday
- VCU has now won 15-straight home games dating back to last season
- The Rams defense was relentless as they had 13 total blocked shots, just one shy of the school record
- This game marked the first meeting between the two schools
The Rams welcome Florida Gulf Coast to the Siegel Center for a 7 p.m. match-up on Saturday, Nov. 23.