Never Forget Tribute Classic
Score: #19 Seton Hall 90, VCU 67
Location: Newark, N.J. (Prudential Center)
Records: Seton Hall 8-1, VCU 5-5
The short story: Senior Justin Tillman scored a game-high 20 points, but it wasn't enough for VCU to slow down high-powered and 19th-ranked Seton Hall Saturday in the Never Forget Tribute Classic in Newark, N.J.
- Tillman connected on 8-of-13 attempts from the field, including 2-of-3 from beyond the 3-point arc. He also corralled eight rebounds.
- Freshman forward Marcus Santos-Silva provided his best performance as a Ram with 10 points, seven rebounds and a pair of blocked shots off the bench for the Black and Gold.
- Senior forward Khris Lane added nine points and four boards for VCU.
- All five Seton Hall starters scored in double figures, including Desi Rodriguez, who led the Pirates with 17 points. Angel Degado added 14 points and 13 rebounds.
- Seton Hall shot .547 (35-of-64) from the floor in the game, including .636 (21-of-33) in the second half to pull away.
- The Pirates also enjoyed a 38-35 advantage on the glass and forced 14 VCU turnovers. Seton Hall outscored the Rams 14-2 off turnovers.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Tillman's has scored at least 20 points in a game five times this season, including the last four contests.
- Santos-Silva is 13-of-20 from the field in his last four games. He's averaging 7.3 points and 6.7 rebounds over that stretch.
VCU will be off until Saturday, Dec. 16, when the Rams play host to Bucknell at the E.J. Wade Arena at the Stuart C. Siegel Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. on CBS 6 in Richmond.