Score: VCU 3, Ohio 1
Location: Athens, Ohio (Pruitt Field)
Records: VCU 3-1, Ohio 1-4
Short Story: After a first half controlled by VCU only led to a 1-0 halftime lead, Ohio was able to tie the game 1-1 before two late goals from Spencer Tossone and Svea Sturm lifted the Rams to the 3-1 win.
- McNamara scored a goal for VCU and had a team-high seven shots, all of them on goal. She also recorded an assist.
- Sturm scored the game-winning goal in her only shot attempt.
- Spencer Tossone also had a goal and an assist.
- Natalie Bohmke also recorded a team-high two assists.
- VCU outshot Ohio 13-4 and 11-3 in shots on goal.
- The Rams also held a 7-1 advantage in penalty corners.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- McNamara recorded the game's first shot in the 13th minute and forced a save from Ohio's Alex Pennington.
- The Rams' went up 1-0 after earning a penalty corner in the 19th minute. On the goal, Tossone fed the ball in to Bohmke who stick-stopped it for McNamara as she found the back of the net.
- VCU's defense prevented Ohio from recording its first shot until the 27th minute as Kownurko made the save.
- The Rams took a 1-0 lead into halftime.
- McNamara had a shot on goal in the 43rd minute that was saved by Pennington. She had another shot just two minutes later that forced a defensive save by Ohio's Leah Warren.
- The Bobcats tied the game 1-1 in the 47th minute on a goal from Kendall Ballard.
- VCU had back-to-back penalty corners saved before finally breaking the deadlock in the 59th minute on a Sturm goal.
- The Rams extended their lead to 3-1 in the 63rd minute as Tossone scored her first goal of the season.
VCU will have a rematch with Ohio at 1 p.m. on Sunday.