Final Score: VCU 3, Missouri State 0
Location: Cary Street Field (Richmond, Va.)
Records: VCU 7-11, Missouri State 3-13
The Short Story: Emily McNamara scored a second half hat trick, her second in three days, to lead VCU to a 3-0 win over Missouri State while breaking VCU's single-season record for points with 45.
- McNamara scored three goals, all in the second half.
- McNamara had a team-high nine shots with seven shots coming on frame.
- McKenzie Bowler had an assist to go along with two shots.
- The Rams outshot Missouri State 16-8 overall and had a 9-5 edge in shots on goal.
- VCU held a decisive 12-3 advantage in penalty corners.
- Chessa Kownurko made five saves without allowing a goal.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Rams' best chance in the first half came in the 16th minute as McNamara forced a save from the Bears' Megan Drew.
- McNamara did also have another shot off a Spencer Tossone penalty corner as the first half expired but her shot was again saved by Drew.
- The Rams did record the first goal of the game just over seven minutes into the second half as McNamara took possession of the ball at the top of the circle and fired her shot to the far post to make it 1-0.
- McNamara doubled VCU's lead barely over a minute later, collecting a deflected ball in off the goalkeeper, making a nifty move to her right and finishing to an open net.
- McNamara would scored her third goal and VCU's final goal of the day in the 48th minute after she collected the ball from Bowler and finished far post again.
- Her third goal of the day also gave McNamara 45 points on the season, breaking the school's previous single-season record set in 2004 by Carlot Verloop.