The Basics Score: Richmond 3, VCU 1
Location: Richmond, Va. (Crenshaw Field)
Records: Richmond 10-8-0 (6-1-0), VCU 5-12-0 (2-5)
The Short Story: The Rams across town to take on rival Richmond in Atlantic-10 Conference play. The Spiders entered the contest as the top seed in the A-10 and proved it with a 3-1 victory over the Rams.
How it Happened
- Richmond pulled ahead 1-0 in the 17th minute, scoring off of a corner.
- Less than two minutes into the second half, the Spiders padded their lead with another corner resulting in a score.
- Shortly after, the Rams cut the lead in half when Jamee Albright scored her seventh goal of the season on an assist from Emily McNamara. McNamara leads the team in goals (8) and assists (6).
- The Spiders regained the two-score advantage with their third goal of the game coming from the left side.
- On a cold and rainy day, the VCU offense struggled to get hot, only mustering one shot on goal to the Richmond 14.
The Rams will return to action on Sunday, November 1st as they wrap up their season at Lock Haven. Game time is set for 12a p.m.