Score: James Madison 3, VCU 2 (OT)
Records: VCU (1-6), James Madison (6-1)
Location: Cary Street Field – Richmond, Va.
Short Story: Despite an early lead, VCU dropped a close game to James Madison Friday afternoon in overtime.
How It Happened
- Freshman Nicola Breeman put the Rams ahead early in the first half with her third goal of the season.
- After the break, James Madison's Taylor West tied the game with a goal in the 39th minute.
- Senior Kendell Combs scored her second goal of the season in the 51st minute to give the Rams the lead once again.
- The Dukes responded minutes later tying the game, 2-2.
- Both teams had opportunities to end the game in regulation, but neither could capitalize on them.
- JMU's Loes Stinjntjes found the back of the cage in the 83rd minute to give the Dukes the 3-2 victory.
- "To lose in overtime for the second time in a row is always tough," said head coach Laura Baker. "We had a great showing today from Kendall Clifton in the cage, which really kept us in the game. JMU played some very good hockey and to keep taking steps forward is always good, but we have to start finishing games when we have our opportunities."
- The Rams will conclude their homestand on Sunday, Sept. 28 at 12pm with UMass.