Final Score: Richmond 6, VCU 2
Location: Bronx, N.Y.
Records: VCU (39-19, 19-7 A-10), Richmond (28-24-1, 14-9 A-10)
The Short Story: VCU fell to Richmond 6-2 on Thursday night, ending their chances at an Atlantic 10 Tournament Championship.
- Logan Amiss led the way for the Rams offensively, posting one hit, one run scored, and one RBI
- Paul Witt and Brandon Henson combined for one run scored and an RBI on Thursday
- The Rams bullpen struck out eleven batters against Richmond, led by Justin Sorokowski and Sam Ryan who each had five
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU's defense, led by Sorokowski, shut the Spiders down in the first two innings, allowing no runs to score.
- Richmond scored the first couple of runs in the game in the bottom of the third to take a 2-0 lead.
- The Spiders extended their lead to 6-0 in the bottom of the sixth after scoring four runs in the inning.
- VCU scored their first two runs of the game in the top of the seventh after Amiss's RBI triple plated Paul Witt. Moments later, Brandon Henson's RBI drove in Amiss to trim Richmonds lead to 6-2.
- The Rams didn't allow a run in the seventh or eighth innings, to keep the game within striking distance.
- VCU was unable to score down the stretch, coming up short in a 6-2 loss Thursday night.