May 09, 2015
- Score: VCU 3, Fordham 2
- Records: VCU (29-22, 11-10 A-10), Fordham (21-28, 12-9 A-10)
- Location: The Diamond inside the HDL, Inc. Athletic Village – Richmond, Va.
- The Short Story: Behind a bases loaded single from James Bunn in the eighth, VCU completed the sweep of Fordham on Senior Day with a 3-2 victory.
How It Happened
- Fordham got things started early when a double from Ryan McNally allowed a pair of runs to score in the second, giving Fordham an early 2-0 lead.
- Logan Farrar scored the first run for the Rams when he crossed the plate in the fourth on a wild pitch from Fordham starter Ben Greenberg.
- The Rams threatened in the sixth when Darian Carpenter singled to left with two outs, putting runners on the corners, but Fordham preserved their one-run lead.
- A fielder's choice allowed Bunn to score and tie the game at 2-2 in the seventh.
- With the bases loaded in the eighth, Bunn singled to right to drive in Vimael Machin and give the Rams a 3-2 lead. With Daniel Concepcion on the mound for the ninth, the Rams shut down Fordham to complete the sweep.
- Sean Thompson earned the start on the mound going five innings while scattering five hits and striking out four. Tyler Buckley, who earned his fourth win of the season, was solid in his three innings of relief as he allowed just two hits and struck out four, including striking out the side in the sixt
The Rams will travel to Old Dominion on Tuesday (May 12) for the Keydog Classic at 6:00 p.m.