|High School:||Flowers (Temple)|
Full name: Jasmine Lenay Waters
Born: Jan. 16, 1990
Birthplace: Cheverly, Md.
Parents: Pamela Waters
Siblings: Cory (16), Marcus (12)
Major: Chemistry (concentration in biochemistry)
- 2009 Atlantic 10 All-Rookie Team (at Temple)
- Set a VCU single-season record with 157 blocks.
- Established a new school record and ranked third in the Colonial Athletic Association in blocks per set (1.23).
- Also hit .291, second best on the team, and averaged 1.50 kills per set.
- Recorded at least seven blocks in a match seven times.
- Provided 11 blocks and seven kills in a 3-2 win over Northeastern in the CAA Tournament Semifinals (Nov. 21).
- Averaged 1.80 kills per set in three CAA Tournament matches.
- Appeared in 27 of the Rams' 33 matches, averaging 1.07 kills and 0.99 blocks per set, while hitting .293.
- Stuffed 13 blocks and spiked seven kills in VCU's four-set win over Hofstra (Sept. 25).
- Smacked a season-best 10 kills in a 3-1 win at James Madison (Oct. 15).
- Played the 2009 season at Temple University.
- Redshirted as a freshman in 2008.
- Appeared in 26 matches in 2009 and averaged 1.57 kills, 0.77 blocks and hit .275.
- Played two years of volleyball at Flowers High School in Springdale, Md.
- As a senior at Flowers, she set a school record for blocks in a single season.
- Has worked as a teacher’s aide for a summer school program for an elementary school and a daycare center in Washington, D.C.
JASMINE WATERS - CAREER STATISTICS
Redshirt - Did not play
| % - VCU totals only|
|* at Temple University|
|Key: SP-MP = Sets Played-Matches Played; K/S = Kills per set; PCT. = Hitting percentage; A/S = Assists per set; SA/S = Service aces per set; SE = Service errors; D/S = Digs per set; RE = Receiving errors; B/S = Blocks per set; BE = Blocking errors; BHE = Ball handling errors; PTS = Points|