Hometown: Carlsbad, Calif
Previous School: Carlsbad
Previous School: Carlsbad High School
Club Team: Coast Volleyball Club
Just the facts
Full Name: Marisa Olivia Low
Born: October 22, 1991
Hometown: Carlsbad, Calif.
Parents: Rob and Nancy Low
Siblings: Blakely (25), Nicholas (17).
Honors and awards
- 2010 Hampton Inn Classic All-Tournament (@ Penn State).
- Named CAA Defensive Player of the Week twice during 2010 season.
- 2009 CAA All-Rookie Team.
- Returned from an off-season knee injury that cost her 14 matches and averaged 2.23 digs per set, second most on the team.
- Recorded 12 service aces.
- Turned in a season-high 20 digs against Delaware in the CAA Championship Match (Nov. 20).
- Logged double-digit digs in seven of 20 matches.
- Averaged a team-high 3.89 digs per set, fourth most in the CAA.
- Set a career high with 29 digs in pivotal road victory at George Mason (Oct. 16). Matched that mark in season finale against Albany (Nov. 26).
- Named to Hampton Inn All-Tournament Team after averaging 4.18 digs per set in three matches (Sept. 3-4).
- Topped 20 digs on four occassions and served up 16 aces.
- Earned the starting nod at libero early in her freshman season and appeared in all 36 matches.
- Averaged a team-best 3.51 digs per set and added 23 service aces in 2009.
Prior to VCU
- Played four years of volleyball at Carlsbad High School
- Helped the Lancers to three league championships, as well as one state quarterfinals appearance.
- Co-captain as a senior
- Named a Defensive Dandy by PrepVolleyball.com.
- Played for Coast Volleyball Club and Epic Volleyball Club.
- Received a Best Defense award at the 2008 USAV DA1 Camp.
Getting to Know Marisa Low
- Her sister, Blakely, played volleyball at Columbia University.
MARISA LOW - CAREER STATISTICS
|Key: SP-MP = Sets Played-Matches Played; K/S = Kills per set; PCT. = Hitting percentage; A/S = Assists per set; SA/S = Service aces per set; SE = Service errors; D/S = Digs per set; RE = Receiving errors; B/S = Blocks per set; BE = Blocking errors; BHE = Ball handling errors; PTS = Points|