6 Anett Farkas
Just the facts
Full name: Anett Farkas
Born: July 28, 1991
Birthplace: Budapest, Hungary
Parents: Jeno and Gabriella Farkas
Siblings: Kristof (19)
Major: Fashion merchandising
- Saw a dramatic increase and playing time and responded with her best collegiate season.
- Averaged 2.12 kills per set, third on the team, and hit .225. Also provided 0.52 blocks per set.
- Spiked a career-high 20 kills and hit .375 in a four-set win at UNC Wilmington Oct. 2.
- Contributed 15 kills and two blocks in a pivotal 3-2 victory over George Mason (Oct. 22).
- Proved to be a force off the bench, appearing in 23 matches.
- An outstanding blocker, averaged 0.92 blocks per set, third best on the team.
- Provided five kills and three blocks at 11th-ranked Colorado State on Sept. 16, 2010.
- Supplied three kills and a career-high nine blocks in victory over Towson on Nov. 6, 2010.
- Stuffed five blocks in CAA Tournament Semifinal at Delaware (Nov. 20).
2009 (Freshman - University of New Orleans)
- Played the 2009 season at the University of New Orleans and arrived at VCU with three seasons of eligibility remaining. Chose to transfer after New Orleans decided to reclassify to Division III.
- Appeared in 32 matches for the Privateers as a freshman and averaged 1.01 kills, 0.74 blocks and hit .240 as New Orleans finished 20-13.
- Provided eight kills and two blocks against Indiana (Aug. 29.
- Was credited with eight blocks against Long Beach State (Sept. 11).
- Registered four or more blocks in a match three times.
- Had seven kills, five blocks and four digs in victory over Arkansas State (Oct. 17).
Hungarian Junior National Team
- Is a member of Hungarian Junior National Team.
- Led her club team to the Hungarian Division I Championship in 2008, as well as a third place finish in 2009.
- Played under three-time Olympic Coach Dr. Kotsits Attilane from 1998-2007.
ANETT FARKAS - CAREER STATISTICS
|* at University of New Orleans|
|% Includes totals from VCU only|
|Key: SP-MP = Sets Played-Matches Played; K/S = Kills per set; PCT. = Hitting percentage; A/S = Assists per set; SA/S = Service aces per set; SE = Service errors; D/S = Digs per set; RE = Receiving errors; B/S = Blocks per set; BE = Blocking errors; BHE = Ball handling errors; PTS = Points|