Rams Participate in the George Mason Patriot Games
MEET: George Mason Patriot Games (Fairfax, Va.)
THE BASICS: A split squad of the VCU Men's and Women's Track and Field team participated in the George Mason Patriot Games in Fairfax, Va.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the 500m dash sophomore Jazmine Wright placed 10th running a 1:21.15.
- Junior Megan Simpson set a personal record with a jump of 1.55 in the high jump. Simpson placed tied for 12th. Classmate Shanita Glenn also placed tied for the 12th.
- For the third straight week, junior Justine Dutton tied her personal-best in the pole vault, with a vault of 3.45m. Dutton placed fifth in the event.
- In the men's 500m freshman Derrian Flemings placed seventh with a personal-best time of 1:08.29.
- Sophomore Berham McDowell placed eighth in the 1000m race with a personal record time of 2:38.66.
- In the 60m hurdles sophomore Christopher Smith placed sixth with a run of 8.78.
- Freshman Xavier Waller placed eighth in the men's high jump a personal-best of 1.85m.
- In the pole vault, junior Matt Hatheway placed 10th. His best jump of the day was a 4.30m.
"I was impressed with our performance today. All of our training seems to be coming along quite well. We still have some work to do, but I am pleased with our progress."
- VCU Track and Field Coach Jon Riley
The Rams will split up again next weekend and head to both the New Balance Invitational (Feb. 1-2) and UNC Invitational (Feb. 2).