- Score: #1 VCU 4, #8 Fordham 0
- Records: VCU (10-9), Fordham (10-10)
- Location: Queen City Racquet Club – Cincinnati, Ohio
- The Short Story: Freshman Ludivine Burguiere (right) recorded wins in singles and doubles action to help lead the VCU women's tennis team into the Atlantic 10 semifinals with a 4-0 defeat of Fordham on Friday afternoon.
How It Happened
- Burguiere teamed with fellow freshman Sitilia Rencheli to get the Rams in front during doubles action with an 8-1 victory at #3. Junior Salome Kvitashvili and senior Olga Terteac secured the doubles point for the Black & Gold with an 8-2 win at #2 to put VCU ahead 1-0.
- Burguiere continued her success with an easy 6-0, 6-2 win over Fordham's Julie Leong at #5 to push VCU's lead to 2-0.
- Sophomore Olga Barscheuskaya made it 3-0 with a 6-2, 6-1 win off her own at #4 singles.
- Senior Daria Yakauleva wrapped up the victory with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Sarah Ali and #2 singles.
#1 VCU def. #8 Fordham, 4-0
Yukako Noi (VCU) vs. Ellie Ball (FOR), 6-4, 3-0 DNF
Daria Yakauleva (VCU) def. Sarah Ali (FOR), 6-2, 6-2
Salome Kvitashvilli (VCU) vs. Angie Dabu (FOR), 6-3, 3-6, 0-1
Olga Barscheuskaya (VCU) def. Bella Genkina (FOR), 6-2, 6-1
Ludivine Burguiere (VCU) def. Julie Leong (FOR), 6-0, 6-2
Olga Terteac (VCU) vs. Destiny Grunin (FOR), 4-6, 6-3 DNF
Order of finish: #5, #4, #2
Barscheuskaya/Yakauleva (VCU) vs. Ball/Ali (FOR), 7-2 DNF
Kvitashvilli /Terteac (VCU) def. Dabu/Leong (FOR), 8-2
Burguiere/Sitilia Rencheli (VCU) def. Hanna Fritzinger/Genkina (FOR), 8-1
Order of finish: #3, #2