- Score: #27 Memphis 5, VCU 0
- Records: VCU (7-6), Memphis (9-5)
- Location: The Racquet Club of Memphis – Memphis, Tenn.
- The Short Story: The VCU women's tennis team found out just how difficult it is to beat 27th-ranked Memphis at home. The Tigers extended their home winning streak to 37 straight matches after defeating the Rams, 5-0 and snapping VCU's five-game winning streak.
How It Happened
- Memphis grabbed momentum from the first serve with wins at #2 and #3 doubles to claim the doubles point and a 1-0 lead.
- The bottom part of the Tigers lineup continued the momentum with straight set wins at #5 and #6 to make it 3-0 in favor of Memphis.
- VCU's Salome Kvitashvili fought hard, but dropped a three-set match to Anki Wind as Memphis secured the overall match victory.
#27 Memphis 5, VCU 0
1) Skylar Kuykendall (MEM) def. #73 Cindy Chala (VCU), 3-6, 6-4, 6-2
2) Stefanie Mikesz (MEM) vs. #115 Yukako Noi (VCU), 6-4, 1-6, 2-5, DNF
3) Caroline Wegner (MEM) vs. Daria Yakauleva (VCU), 6-7, 4-5 DNF
4) Anki Wind (MEM) def. Salome Kvitashvili (VCU), 6-3, 2-6, 6-1
5) Marta Morga (MEM) def. Olga Barscheuskaya (VCU), 6-2, 6-3
6) Alyssa Hibberd (MEM) def. Ludivine Burguiere (VCU), 6-2, 7-6
1) Mikesz/Wind (MEM) vs. Barscheuskaya/Yakauleva (VCU) 7-7 DNF
2) Tymchenko/Morga (MEM) def. Chala/Burguiere (VCU) 8-4
3) Hibberd/Wegner (MEM) def. Kvitashvili/Terteac (VCU) 8-6
- VCU heads to battle top-40 Ole Miss on Wednesday afternoon. First serve in Oxford, Miss. Is set for 3 p.m.