- Score: Penn State 6, VCU 1
- Records: VCU (9-4), Penn State (9-0)
- Location: Sarni Indoor Tennis Center - University Park, Pa.
- The Short Story: After taking the doubles point to start the day, the VCU women's tennis team couldn't get anything going on the singles courts as they dropped a 6-1 decision to an undefeated Penn State team in Happy Valley.
How it Happened
- The tandem of Cindy Chala and Josefin Hjertquist started the day by rolling to an easy 8-1 win at the second doubles spot. Teammates Salome Kvitashvili and Olga Terteac followed close behind with an 8-6 win at the third double spot to secure the point for VCU.
- Unfortunately, that's where the Rams' momentum would stop as they were unable to get anything going on the singles court, dropping all six singles matches to the red-hot Nittany Lions.
Penn State 6, VCU 1
1) Petra Januskova/Chelsea Utting (PSU) def. Olga Barscheuskaya/Daria Yakauleva, 8-1
2) Cindy Chala/Josefin Hjerquist (VCU) def. Katherine Whiteaway/Jacqueline Zuhse, 8-1
3) Salome Kvitashvili/Olga Terteac (VCU) def. Carmen Sandor/Devan McCluskey, 8-6
1) #36 Petra Januskova (PSU) def. Cindy Chala, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3
2) Chelsea Utting (PSU) def. Josefin Hjertquist, 7-5, 4-6, 6-3
3) Jacqueline Zuhse (PSU) def. Olga Terteac, 6-1, 6-1
4) Devan McCluskey (PSU) def. Yukako Noi, 6-4, 7-5
5) Carmen Sandor (PSU) def. Olga Barscheuskaya, 6-3, 6-3
6) Sarah Henderson (PSU) def. Karina Alesha, 7-6, 6-1