Final Score: No. 4 Saint Joseph's 18, No. 5 VCU 15
Location: Fairfax, Va. (George Mason Stadium)
Records: VCU (7-10), Saint Joseph's (11-7)
The Short Story: Trailing 16-10 with 11:33 remaining, VCU scored five of the final seven goals but fell just short of completing its comeback.
- Molly Barcikowski scored five goals and added two assists along with two caused turnovers.
- Sky Hyatt also scored five goals and added two assists with two draw controls.
- Ryann Shaughnessy scored three goals on six shot attempts.
- Savannah Slack scored one goal and had one assist.
- Gabby Gibbons and Anna Koniencki each had an assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hyatt scored first to give VCU a 1-0 lead just 51 seconds into the contest.
- VCU took a 3-1 lead with 24:24 left in the first half after back-to-back goals from Barcikowski.
- Saint Joseph's scored five of the next six goals to retake the lead at 6-4 with 15:03 left before halftime.
- VCU scored three unanswered goals to take a 7-6 with 10:25 before the break.
- The Hawks scored six consecutive goals to lead 12-7 at halftime.
- Saint Joseph's extended its lead to 16-12 before VCU began its comeback effort.
- The Rams scored five of the next seven goals to cut the deficit to 18-15 with 1:57 remaining but couldn't find the back of the net again before time expired.
VCU faces Duke on May 5 at noon in Durham, N.C.