Final Score: No. 20 Notre Dame 15, VCU 4
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: VCU (3-3), Notre Dame (7-0)
The Short Story: Notre Dame used a big first half to get out to a 9-1 lead with three minutes remaining before the break. VCU battled through the second half but were unable to overcome the early deficit.
- Ria Peralta made 17 saves in goal for the Rams.
- Molly Barcikowski scored a team-high two goals on four shot attempts.
- Keriann McTavish had a goal and an assist.
- Sky Hyatt scored one goal and Clare Murphy had an assist.
- Notre Dame outshot VCU 39-18 overall and 32-12 in shots on goal.
- The Fighting Irish were led by Maddie Howe who scored five goals.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Notre Dame and VCU traded goals in the first three minutes to make it 1-1 before the Fighting Irish scored eight unanswered goals to push their lead to 9-1. Notre Dame led 10-2 at the half.
- The Rams were able to slow the Fighting Irish offense in the second half but Notre Dame was still able to push their lead to 15-2 with 14:55 remaining.
- VCU scored the last two goals of the game in the final 6:17 for the final margin.
VCU hosts William & Mary at Cary Street Field at 1 p.m. on March 17.