Final Score: Army West Point 14, VCU 12
Location: West Point, N.Y.
Records: VCU (3-2), Army (7-0)
The Short Story: The Rams trailed 14-7 with 16:30 remaining before five unanswered goals got them back within 14-12 with 1:35 left. VCU was unable to complete the really as neither team scored in the final 1:35.
- Keriann McTavish scored a team-high four goals and had five ground balls.
- Sky Hyatt scored three goals and added an assist. She also had three draw controls.
- Jessica Del Rossi matched Hyatt with three goals and an assist.
- Sofia Emond and Molly Barcikowski each scored once, Barcikowski also had an assist.
- Army outshot VCU 39-25 overall but just 26-21 in shots on goal.
- Jackie Brattan scored four goals to lead the Black Knights.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Rams and Black Knights battled in the games' first 10 minutes as Army held a 3-2 lead with 20:45 left before halftime.
- The Black Knights then scored four unanswered goals to take a 7-2 lead with 12:38 before halftime. Army led VCU 10-5 at the half.
- The Rams scored the first two goals of the second half to get within 10-7 but the Black Knights responded with four consecutive goals to push their lead back to 14-7.
- VCU then mounted a furious rally, scoring four goals to get within 14-11 with 8:15 remaining. The Rams only scored one more time with 1:35 left to get within 14-12 for the final margin.
VCU hosts Notre Dame at Cary Street Field at 4 p.m. on March 13.