Final Score: VCU 24, LIU-Brooklyn 8
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: VCU (2-5), LIU-Brooklyn (3-4)
The Short Story: Leading LIU-Brooklyn 6-4 with 13 minutes left in the first half, the Rams pulled away and scored 18 of the game's final 22 goals for a commanding victory. The win marked the largest margin of victory in program history and VCU's 24 goals tied a program record for the most in a single game.
- Sky Hyatt scored two goals, four assists and eight draw controls. Hyatt became the first player in program history to eclipse 100 goals when she scored her first goal of the day.
- The 24 goals scored tied the program record which was initially set on April 23, 2017 in a 24-15 VCU win over St. Bonaventure.
- Keriann McTavish scored four goals and had a game-high four assists.
- Molly Barcikowski scored four goals and added three assists.
- Isabella Evans-Riester also scored four goals.
- Ria Perlata made 10 saves on 17 shot attempts in the cage in the 30 minutes she played.
- VCU outshot LIU-Brooklyn 40-25 overall and 34-19 in shots on goal.
- The Blackbirds were led by Amanda Masullo and Bianca Santucci who each scored three goals.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU opened the game scoring four unanswered goals and led 4-0 with 22:58 left in the first half.
- LIU-Brooklyn battled back and scored four of the next six goals to trim VCU's lead to just 6-4.
- The Rams put some separation between themselves and the Blackbirds and outscored them 7-2 for the remainder of the half to take a 13-6 lead into halftime.
- VCU then outscored LIU-Brooklyn 10-2 during the second half to take the lead.
VCU travels to Virginia Tech on March 21 for a 5 p.m. draw.