Final Score: Saint Joseph's 18, VCU 17
Location: Phildelphia, Pa. (Sweeney Field)
Records: VCU 5-8 (1-4), Saint Joseph's (7-5, 3-1)
The Short Story: VCU led for all but the last 2:50 of the contest and, despite building a 12-7 halftime lead, were unable to fend off a late charge from Saint Joseph's who scored the game-winning goal with 1:22 remaining.
- Sky Hyatt scored a team-high five goals on nine shot attempts, dished out three assists and had five draw controls.
- Jessica Del Rossi scored four goals for the Rams on just four shot attempts.
- Molly Barcikowski scored three goals and added two assists for VCU.
- Isabella Evans-Riester also scored three goals.
- Ria Peralta made 12 saves for the Black and Gold.
- Keriann McTavish scored two goals and had three assists and recorded a team-high four ground balls.
- Megan Williamson also had one assist.
- The Rams led in ground balls 23-17 and in shots 31-30.
- The Hawks' Rebecca Lane scored a game-high six goals with two assists.
- Mallory Grey scored the game-winning goal for Saint Joseph's.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU jumped out front as Hyatt scored the Rams' first three goals and Del Rossi scored the fourth to make it 4-0 with 20:56 left in the first half.
- VCU and Saint Joseph's traded goals as VCU led 5-1 with 15:12 left in the first half.
- The Rams then outscored the Hawks 5-2 over the next 12 minutes to build a 10-4 lead with 3:56 remaining in the half.
- Saint Joseph's would score three of the final four goals in the first half as VCU led 12-7 at the break.
- Saint Joseph's scored five of the first six goals in the second half to get back into the game and trailed 14-12 with 19:02 left.
- VCU tried to fight off the comeback with goals from Evan-Riester and Barcikowski to lead 16-12 with 10:25 left.
- Saint Joseph's late run proved to be too much as the Hawks scored six of the game's final seven goals including the game-winner with 1:22 left.
VCU will travel to George Washington for a 1 p.m. draw on April 15.