Final Score: Lehigh 16, VCU 6
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: VCU 3-4, Lehigh 4-2
The Short Story: VCU opened the scoring just 10 seconds into the game after Sky Hyatt took the draw control and sprinted 50 yards for the goal. The Rams were unable to sustain the pace as Lehigh scored the game's next four goals and took a 4-1 lead with 21:05 left in the first half. The Mountain Hawks eventually built a 9-3 halftime lead and held on for the victory.
- Bella Evans-Riester scored a team-high three goals to lead VCU.
- Hyatt had two goals along with two draw controls and a team-high four ground balls. Hyatt also caused a team-best three turnovers.
- Chloe Mujwit scored the other goal for the Rams on two shot attempts.
- Ria Peralta made 13 saves and had two ground balls.
- Lehigh outshot VCU 34-24 and led in ground balls 21-17.
- The Rams went 13-of-15 on clear attempts while Lehigh went 16-of-17.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After Hyatt scored off the opening draw, Lehigh scored four unanswered goals to take a 4-1 lead with 21:05 left in the first half.
- Hyatt scored her second goal of the game with 18:23 remaining to trim the deficit to 4-2.
- The Mountain Hawks scored four consecutive goals again before VCU answered on an unassisted Evans-Riester goal with 7:23 left in the first half.
- Lehigh scored once more before halftime and led VCU 9-3 at the break.
- The Mountain Hawks opened the second half with seven goals to push their lead to 15-3 with 15:59.
- VCU got two goals from Evans-Riester and the final tally from Mujwit for the final 16-6 margin.
VCU will host Liberty on March 25th at 1 p.m. at Cary Street Field.