Score: Geroge Washington 20, VCU 12
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: George Washington 4-10 (2-3 A-10), VCU 3-11 (1-5 A-10)
The Short Story: VCU women's lacrosse hosted George Washinton in Atlantic 10 Conference play at Cary Street Field on Sunday afternoon. Molly Barcikowski and Sofia Emond recorded hat-tricks as the Rams fell 20-12 to the Colonials.
- Sky Hyatt scored the team's first two goals, tying the game at 1-1 early and adding her second off of an assist from Bonnie Corrigan moments later.
- Emond, Chloe Mujwit and Megan Williamson added VCU's next three score to make it a 5-5 game with
- Blaire Langeler found the net with just over a minute remaining in the first half and Emond followed with her second on the game to even the score 7-7 at halftime.
- VCU continued to pressure the Colonial defense scoring three of the first four goals in the second half to build a 10-8 advantage.
- The Colonials retaliated, scoring 11 unanswered goals to take a nine point lead.
OFF THE DRAW
- Emond's hat-trick brings her season total to 22. The freshman has scored at least two goals in all but one of the A-10 games she has played in.
- Barcikowksi's followed her hat-trick at Davidosn on Friday with three more scores versus the Colonials to pass Hyatt for the most on the team.
- Hyatt still leads the Rams in goals and has scored in each game this season.
- Emond won a team-high four draws and added two groundballs to her score.
- Kelly O'Brien forced a turnover, picked up a groundball and won a draw on defense. Mary Hagopian caused a team-high two turnovers.
- Ria Peralta made a career-high 15 saves in a solid effort against the Colonials.
- "GW has consistently improved throughout the year and we knew we would have to put a full 60 minutes together to come out on top. We just ran out of steam at the end of the game. As usual, we never gave up, fought to the end and made improvements from previous games. We look forward to two home games next weekend and being able to honor our seniors on Sunday." - Head Coach Jen O'Brien
VCU returns to action on Friday, April 22nd, taking on St. Joesph's at Cary Street Field. Game time is scheduled for 5:00 P.M.