Final Score: VCU 64, Weber State 36
Location: San Antonio, Texas (UTSA Convocation Center)
Records: VCU 4-1, Weber State 2-2
The Short Story: VCU led wire-to-wire but outscored Weber State 15-3 during the second quarter to blow the game open and cruise to the win.
- Tera Reed scored a season-high 20 points on 8-of-15 shooting while adding five rebounds.
- Kseniya Malashka scored seven points and grabbed four rebounds.
- Sydnei Archie had a team-high eight rebounds in 15 minutes of play and added two points.
- VCU shot 46.3 percent from the field while limiting Weber State to just 22 percent shooting.
- The Rams held a 44-35 edge in rebounds.
- The Rams dominated in bench scoring by a 31-10 margin and in points in the paint at 28-14.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU got two quick points to start the game and led 4-0 just 1:15 into the contest. The Rams held Weber State scoreless for the first 4:20 of the game before a 3-pointer by Kayla Watkins cut the VCU lead to 4-3.
- VCU led Weber State 11-7 at the end of the first quarter.
- The Rams led 13-9 with 9:18 left in the second quarter before outscoring the Wildcats 13-1 and taking a 26-10 lead into halftime.
- The Rams led 47-26 after the third quarter and led by at least 19 points the entire fourth quarter, culminating in the largest lead of 28 points with the 64-36 final score.
VCU plays IUPUI in its final game of the UTSA Thanksgiving Classic at 1:00 p.m. EST on Nov. 25.