Meet: North Florida Invitational
Location: Jacksonville, Fla.
Results: North Florida Invitational (Results)
The Short Story: VCU Men's Track & Field continued it's 2019 Outdoor season by providing a strong performance at the UNF Invitational. Overall, the Rams had four athletes finish within the top-five of their respective events.
How It Happened
- Emmanuel Waller won the 400m Hurdles, finishing with a time of 53.26. Freshman Daiqwaun Faircloth earned a seventh place finish in the same event, posting a time of 56.71.
- Junior Drew Hess placed second in the Javelin Throw, posting a toss of 57.49m.
- Freshman Jaekob Volbrecht earned a third place finish in the Discuss Throw after posting a 48.36m toss. Will Schwartz placed eighth in the same event, recording a toss of 44.11m.
- Vollbrecht also placed third in the Shot Put, finishing with a 16.47m throw.
- VCU's 4x400m Relay Team placed sixth after posting a time of 3:26.24.
The Rams will be back in action on Saturday, April 13, when they travel to Fairfax, Va. to compete in the George Mason Spring Invitational.