Meet: Atlantic 10 Indoor Track and Field Championships
Location: Kingston, R.I.
Team Score: 1. Rhode Island – 204, 2. George Mason – 141.5, 3. VCU – 79, 4. Fordham – 58, 5. UMass – 56.5
The Short Story: Sophomore Ian Davis earned a first place finish in the 60-meter hurdles while other sprinters found success on day two. The Rams placed third overall in the 2018 Atlantic 10 Indoor Championships.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Davis won the 60-meter hurdles after coming in second a year ago. Davis' 8.14 time was the best he's recorded.
- The men's 4x400-meter relay team topped all others with a 3:19.31. Chukwuezugo Aguolu, Khalil Shepard, Zayd Abdul-Ali, and Devon Thompson made up the winning squad.
- Senior Kareem Payne took second place in the 60-meter dash with a 6.78 time. Payne trailed the first place sprinter by just .03. Jamik Alexander and Marcus Finnie also broke seven seconds and placed fifth and sixth, respectively.
- It was Devon Thompson scoring in the 400-meter with a second place finish. Thompson's 49.18 was his best time this season. Crossing the finish line sixth was sophomore Chukwuezugo Aguolu, who's 49.97 was a personal best.
- Freshman Xyan Xrichardson set a new personal best en route to a second place finish in the high jump. Xrichardson cleared 2.09m.
- In the triple jump, junior Devin Bethea landed a sixth place finish with a mark of 13.34m.
VCU heads to Boston to compete in the ECAC-IC4A Championships on Saturday, March 3 and Sunday, March 4.