Meet: Widener Multi and Weight Meet
Location: Chester, Pa.
Results: Men's Heptathlon/ Women's Pentathlon
The Short Story: Five athletes competed in the Widener Multi and Weight meet in Chester, Pa. Each Ram finished in the top five with freshman Jonathan Mukeni winning it all in his first ever heptathlon.
How It Happened
- Mukeni took first place in a field of 11 athletes. The Dumfries, Va. native ended up with 3851 points.
- Coming in third was VCU's Stephen Halphen. Halphen totaled 3390 points.
- Junior LeClare Beres won the women's pentathlon with a total score 2894.
- Coming in just behind Beres was fellow junior Sakia Conin with 2748 points.
- Freshman Courtney Higgins placed fourth in her first collegiate pentathlon scoring 2326.
VCU will compete in the second day of the Liberty Kickoff meet on Saturay in Lynchburg, Va. Events begin at 9 a.m.