Meet: William Walton Invitational
Location: Harrisonburg, Va.
Results: William Walton Invitational Results
The Short Story: Ian Davis finished strong in the 110-meter hurdles at the William Walton Invitational while Lozie Goolsby and Chukwuezugo Aguolu each secured top-five finishes in the 400-meter dash.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Davis posted a time of 14.97 seconds in the 110-meter hurdles, placing first in the event.
- Goolsby and Aguolu finished first and second, respectively, in the 400-meter dash. Goolsby ran a time of 49.38 seconds while Aguolu posted a time of 49.76 seconds. The time marks a personal record for Goolsby.
- Devin Bethea and Roger Botock psoted times of 11.07 and 11.13 seconds, respectively, in the 100-meter dash.
- Goolsby also set a personal record in the 200-meter dash, posting a time of 22.27 seconds to finish second in the event.
- Roger Botock set a personal season high in the long jump in the long jump with a leap of 6.11 meters.
- Bashir Idris moved into second place into second place in the Atlantic 10 with a mark of 14.49 meters in the triple jump. The mark is a new personal record for Idris. Devin Bethea also leaped to mark of 13.37 meters in the event.
- Drew Hess threw to a mark of 58.34 meters in the javelin, finishing first in the event. Shawn Scornaienchi hit a mark of 50.13 meters in the event.
- Bethea and Botock posted times of 11.07 and 11.13 seconds in the 100-meter dash.
VCU heads to the George C. Griffin track in Atlanta, Georgia next Friday, April 21 and Saturday, April 22 to compete in the Georgia Tech Invitational.