- Set an outdoor record of 22.37 seconds in the 200-meter dash at the Vanderbilt Invitational.
- Anchored the 4x100-meter relay team that recorded a season-best time of 41.99 seconds, placing fourth at Vanderbilt.
- Posted a personal record of 10.90 seconds in the 100-meter dash at the Mason Invite. It was the best time posted in the 100-meter by any Ram this season.
- Ran the first-leg of the 1600-meter sprint melody team that placed eighth at the Florida relays with a time of 3:27.16.
- Anchored the 4x100-meter relay team that ran a season-best 42.01 seconds, placing 23rd at the Flordia Relays.
- Placed eighth in the 100-meter dash with a time of 11.12 seconds at the Fred Hardy Invitational.
- Anchored the 4x100-meter relay team to a fourth plae finish at the Fred Hardy Invitational with a time of 42.30 seconds.
- Finished fourth in the 100-meter dash at the Virginia Cup with a time of 11.15 seconds.
- Ran a 22.59 seconds in the 200-meter race to finish seventh at the Virginia Cup
- Anchored the 4x400-meter relay that won at the Virginia Cup with a time of 3:17.90
- Placed sixth (22.47 seconds) in the 200-meter in his outdoor debut at the Ram Invite.
- A member of the 4x400 relay team that placed fifth in the New Balance Invitational with a time of 3:18.54.
- Named the Atlantic 10's Rookie of the Week for the week of Jan. 14
- Won the 60m dash at the Navy Quad with a time of 7.05.
- Placed second in the 200m at the Navy Quad running a personal-best 22.24
- Opened his career with a third place finish at the Father Diamond Invitational in the 60m dash running a 7.00.
PRIOR TO VCU
- Ran four years of indoor and outdoor track at Lafayette High School in Williamsburg
- Helped lead the Rams to the Indoor and Outdoor District and Regional titles
- Won the state race in the 300m and 200m , while finishing second in the 55m and the 100m
- Set school records in the 200m and the 4x200 as a junior
- Was named to the All-State team following his junior season
- As a senior won the Sportsmanship/Model Student Athlete award
- Participated in the Five-Star Track and Field AAU program for two years
- Son of Harem and Karen Smallwood
- Born on Oct. 13, 1993
- Studying Mechanical Engineering at VCU
- Has one brother, Aaron, who runs track at Virginia State University