Scores: VCU 4, William & Mary 3
Location: Williamsburg, Va. (Millie West Tennis Facility)
Records: VCU 11-11, William & Mary 9-10
The short story: The Rams finished the regular season strong with a 4-3 win over former conference opponent, William & Mary on Wednesday afternoon at the Millie West Tennis Facility in Williamsburg, Va. Freshman Ignacio Rivero Crespo and Javier Amantegui won in consecutive sets in singles play, as well as sophomore Arvid Noren.
- Seniors Daryl Monfils and Marten Jonsson took the first match in doubles play. The pair defeated Addison Appleby and Tristan Bautil to improve to 14-5 overall.
- Sophomore Vitor Lima and Arvid Noren then put the Rams ahead 1-0 by securing the doubles point.
- The Tribe tied the match at one a piece with a win on the first court, but the Rams reeled off three consecutive points to put the match out of reach with four points.
- Amantegui defeated Damon Niquet, 6-3, 6-1 on the fifth court. He now holds a 17-12 overall record.
- Noren collected another win and now has a team high 18 victories in singles play. He is 18-11 overall.
- Ignacio Rivero Crespo defeated Lars de Boer, 6-3, 6-2 to improve to 8-7 overall this season.
1- Daryl Monfils/Marten Jonsson (VCU) def. Appleby/Bautil, 6-2
2- Vitor Lima/Arvid Noren (VCU) def. Cargill/Niquet, 6-1
3- Javier Amantegui/Philip Mobius (VCU) vs. de Boer/Talcott (W&M), 5-2, DNF
Order of finish: 1, 2
1- Aidan Talcott (W&M) def. Daryl Monfils, 7-6 (5), 6-0
2- Christian Cargill (W&M) def. Marten Jonsson, 2-6, 7-6 (4), 10-7
3- Arvid Noren (VCU) def. Addison Appleby, 6-4, 6-1
4- Alec Miller (W&M) def. Vitor Lima, 7-6 (8), 7-6 (5)
5- Javier Amantegui (VCU) def. Damon Niquet, 6-3, 6-1
6- Ignacio Rivero Crespo (VCU) def. Lars de Boer, 6-3, 6-2
Order of finish: 1, 5, 3, 6, 2, 4
The Rams will travel to Orlando, Fla. to compete in the Atlantic 10 Men's Tennis Championship at the USTA National Campus. The tournament will begin on April 27.