Scores: VCU 2, Old Dominion 4
Location: Norfolk, Va. (Folkes-Stevens Tennis Center)
Records: VCU 9-7, Old Dominion 11-3
The short story: Despite jumping to an early 1-0 lead in doubles play, the Rams lost a back and forth battle with former conference opponent Old Dominion Friday afternoon at the Folkes-Stevens Tennis Center.
- Sophomores Vitor Lima and Arvid Noren collected the first win in doubles play. The two are now 1-1 in doubles play this season.
- Moments later, seniors Daryl Monfils and Marten Jonsson secured the doubles point to put VCU ahead 1-0. The duo now holds a 11-4 overall doubles record thus far.
- The Monarchs recorded two consecutive point to take a 2-1 lead, but freshman Ignacio Rivero Crespo tied the match at two a piece by defeating Jacob Nicolussi in consecutive sets.
- Ignacio Rivero Crespo is now 6-5 overall this year.
- Once again the Monarchs scored two consecutive points to put the match out of reach at 4-2.
1- Daryl Monfils/Marten Jonsson (VCU) def. #45 Adam Moundir/Jacob Nicolussi, 7-6
2- Philip Mobius/Javier Amantegui (VCU) vs. Aziz Kijametovic/Jose Nunez Navarro, 6-6, unfinished
3- Vitor Lima/Arvid Noren (VCU) def. Michael Weindl/Javier Jover Maestre, 6-4
Order of finish: 3, 1
1- #31 Adam Moundir (ODU) def. Daryl Monfils, 6-4, 6-7, 6-3
2- Marten Jonsson (VCU) vs. Michael Weindl, 7-6, 6-7, 2-1, unfinished
3- Jacob Nicolusi (ODU) def. Vitor Lima, 6-0, 7-5
4- Ignacio Rivero Crespo (VCU) def. Aziz Kijametovic, 7-6, 6-3
5- Javier Jover Maestre (ODU) def. Arvid Noren, 6-1, 6-2
6- Justin Herrera (ODU) def. Javier Amantegui, 7-5, 7-6
Order of finish: 5, 3, 4, 1, 6,
The Rams are back on Saturday, March 18 when they face Brown in a neutral match in Virginia Beach, Va. at 1 p.m.